- Browser Build
- Date released
- File size
- 46 MB
- System requirements
- Download and launch Firefox Nightly.
- Download version 1.0.6 (64-bit) of the
openvr_api.dllfile from the OpenVR GitHub repository.
- Save the
openvr_api.dllfile somewhere on your computer where the user running Firefox can read it (e.g.,
- In Firefox Nightly, navigate to
about:config; change the value of
gfx.vr.openvr-runtimeto the full path of the
- Ensure that your Oculus Home settings allow for Unknown Sources.
- For PCs (especially laptops) using Nvidia chipsets, there are several methods of enabling the discrete GPU. One way is from the NVIDIA Control Panel: Load
Manage 3D Settings
Program Settingstab, and select Mozilla Firefox (firefox.exe) (with the blue Nightly icon) as the program to customize, and select “High-performance NVIDIA processor" as the preferred graphics processor.
- Restart Firefox Nightly.
- Enjoy WebVR content!