Search for and install Carmel Developer Preview from the Oculus Gear VR store.
- Launch Carmel Developer Preview from your Gear VR Library.
Enjoy the included WebVR demos!
- What is “Carmel” vs. “Oculus Browser”?
- “Carmel” was the codename for a preview of the VR browser from Oculus. This release focused on running 3D, WebVR API content in VR; comprehensive 2D support is planned for a later release. You can currently use the Oculus Browser to check out WebVR projects from other developers as well as test your own experiences.
- How do I view 2D content in the Oculus Browser?
- The Oculus Browser does not yet have common browser UI visible within VR (e.g., a URL bar, navigation buttons, bookmarks, history). The Developer release was focused on running 3D, WebVR API content in VR; comprehensive 2D support is planned for a later release.
Navigating to an arbitrary link by a URL can be done using the
ovrweb:protocol to do so. For instructions, refer to the Oculus WebVR Guide, specifically the Carmel Getting Started docs and the Launching Your Content docs.
- How do I debug my WebVR site?
- Refer to the Debugging Your Content docs for details on remotely (and locally) debugging (using a USB or Wi-Fi connection) your WebVR content in the Oculus Browser.